Steering colom disassembly

OK I am back and already getting nagged at for speending more time with my mj than my wife :nuts: .... but now to the question, I need to dissamble my steering colom to get to my ignition switch, but how? Help time is ticking to get her back on the road (my mj not my wife)!

As this is a GM column it can be a PITA. You will need a special lock plate tool to compress the lock plate that is located under the steering wheel. I do this for a living so I have all the tools, maybe someone here knows a way to do it w/out the special tools.

aemsee since you do this for a living i had a similar post about removal and had one little question....How or Can you gut the column and replace all the guts and outer plastic. You can post this in my post here http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1872 or if its alright with Woody u can put it here since it might help him to. I have all the replacement pieces and entire column i was just trying to make it a little easier. thanks for any input and sorry bout the partial thread jack Woody. :D

Cole