Long bed to a short bed?

The rear frame would have to have a section hacked out of it to move the wheel wells forward, and them it's only a maybe if the gas tank would still fit. For the time and effort, it's not worth it, in my book.

Here's yj2mj's (hope you don't mind me posting a couple pics, but I adore this truck). His bed is bobbed.

And I believe this is a longbed. You can see the frame rails here, and I'd imagine it'd be a horrible time liningup the wheel wells. As well, custom bed mounts would be needed.

With enough work, anything is possible.

Nice truck! :bowdown:

I was actually thinking about putting a short box on a long bed frame.

Thanks for the pic with the bed removed. Looks like more work than I want to get into.

I want a driver and I was worried about keeping it all straight. The hunt continues. :chillin:

Nice truck! :bowdown:

I was actually thinking about putting a short box on a long bed frame.

Thanks for the pic with the bed removed. Looks like more work than I want to get into.

I want a driver and I was worried about keeping it all straight. The hunt continues. :chillin:

I think it'd be a better choice for you, and good luck on the hunt!

The rear frame would have to have a section hacked out of it to move the wheel wells forward, and them it's only a maybe if the gas tank would still fit. For the time and effort, it's not worth it, in my book.

Here's yj2mj's (hope you don't mind me posting a couple pics, but I adore this truck). His bed is bobbed.

And I believe this is a longbed. You can see the frame rails here, and I'd imagine it'd be a horrible time liningup the wheel wells. As well, custom bed mounts would be needed.

With enough work, anything is possible.

Man, that's one sweet truck. jamminz.gif 8)

• 4 years later...

Shortbed box on a LWB frame would probably look something like this:

I flipped the springs around on my SWB to try it out. (yeah, I didn't keep it that way for long).

I forget the math, but flipping the leafs put the SWB's 113" pretty close to the LWB's.

Someone with better metal skills than I could probably stretched the stock wheel wells to make it work,

and ended up with a ton of tire clearance (37" Boggers in this pic for reference)