HO headers on renix?

heard somewhere u can put HO (91-93) headers on a renix. just wanted to make sure before i make an expensive oopsy.

It will bolt up but the ports won't match.

Run the HO head too ;)

Not necessarily true. It may depend upon the manufacturer's design, but Borla's HO and Renix headers appear to be the same besides the EGR.

Renix on bottom, HO on top.

Willy

Any idea how to run the egr on the HO borla headers?

Find a bung that matches the threads of the EGR tube and weld it to one of the header tubes. Borla put it in the tube for cylinder #5. You can see it on the bottom one here.

Willy

I may be wrong. :doh:

It is the intake that doesn't match.

Sorry.

I used to think the same thing. I had always read that the ports were in different locations, but never paid attention to if it was the intake or exhaust ports. I just always assumed both were different and never paid much attention to it until I had the HO and Renix Borla headers side by side and noticed they looked exactly the same.

I will also say that I don't know if this is true for all brands, only Borla that I know of. I don't remember the specifics, but I think it was Jeepcomj that had clearance issues between one of his header tubes and the intake manifold he was using.

Willy

I will also say that I don't know if this is true for all brands, only Borla that I know of. I don't remember the specifics, but I think it was Jeepcomj that had clearance issues between one of his header tubes and the intake manifold he was using. Willy

Yes, the Borla header has known clearance issues when using the 1999+ intake manifold, but correctable by grinding some off the manifold.