Re Worded transmission problem post.. Help

ok i have a 87 mj its the 4.0 4x4 A/T.........it shifts fine alot of the time but every once in a while when it gets warm i noticed that it starts to shift funny. it will shift later than usual, it revs higher b4 it shifts..... idk what it is....... i have a 71 elcamino that had a vacuum line that had a hole in it and it did the same thing but idk if my truck has one cuz i don't see a vacuum pod like on my elcamino.......any ideas what it could be......

If you remove the fuse for the tranny controller, you are left with a transmission that you can shift manually ... with 1st, 3rd and 4th gears only (no 2nd). Try that, and see if it shifts cleanly when you move the lever from Lo to 3 to OD. If it shifts okay under manual control, the tranny should be okay and the problem is either the controller or the feedback from the TPS to the TCU.

how does it pull outta the dash does it just pop out with a screwdriver.

How does WHAT pull out? Are you referring to the fuse? It's in the fuse panel, which is UNDER the dashboard. You just grab it between the thumb and finger and pull it out.

i know how to pull a fuse..... I'm talking about the power comfort switch

You have to remove the dash bezel. Behind that, the rectangular panel that the switch is in is held to the dashboard by three (IIRC) screws. Remove the screws to access the back of the panel and push the switch out.