vacum disconnect + and - 's

Why not just replace the whole axle then to a non-cad one? Those can be had for less than the kits and that eliminates the cad area altogether.

I can get an axle shaft for $10 and a seal for 10-15  and it's done.   A spare piece of metal with some holes drilled for cover plate.   

It's not ruled out as an option yet.  If i came across a '96 or newer with the bigger joints for $100 i'd jump on it but then again my upper control arm bushings are new aswell as the carrier and pinion bearings, and uni hubs.  

Why not just replace the whole axle then to a non-cad one? Those can be had for less than the kits and that eliminates the cad area altogether.

I have had 4 Dana 30s under my Comanche. The first three were disconnect ones. Reinforce the lower control arm brackets (lots of sources for replacements, reinforcements, or skids which act as reinforcements) and I'm good to go. The last one was a non disconnect one. Second trip out the sheet metal passenger upper control arm bracket ripped off the axle. The bracket ripped about 1/2" above the weld. Replacement upper is not as easy to find or fabricate.

That is just one reason why.