phone question

aemsee

I need to get a different cell phone. My LG VX5400 gets no reception at my new work location. It is a Verizon account. Some of my students with Verizon get reception in the room though, so I know there is a signal. They were all the flip or slide phones with the qwerty keyboards. I really don't need that as I rarely text and like to keep my phone in my pocket often.

Anyone with a Verizon acct recommend a phone with exceptional reception? I know some of you live out in the boonies :D , so what are you using?

I learned long ago, not to take the phone they offer in the "fishing" offers. For the last 6-8 years, I renew for two years and take the biggest rebate on the top or near top phone offered.

I have had a RAZOR for four years and really like the phone. But the batt need charging nearly every nite ad its not a durable phone. If you choose one, DEFINEATELY take the offer for the insurance.

Back in April my plan was up and I renewed again for two years with a Motorola mill spec flip phone. (forgot the model) I like the durability, dislike the slow processor. I kept my razor and will likely switch the chip and go back to the razor for a "dress" phone as its slimmer and trimmer.

Good luck,

CW

I used to have ATT, but service in Marshall was junk, they kept screwing up the bill, so we ditched them for USC.

I like USC, good service, better coverage, and they're pretty good about the bill.

I also have a RAZR. I hate the POS. It likes to not ring, then pop up that I have a voicemail. It also deletes my contacts and pictures randomly. I had some battery charging problems with it... sat on the charger all night, then about a hour after I pulled it off (had 3 green bars), it was about dead. It also re-set the phone to factory defaults. Battery seems ok now though that I threatened to take it into USC for a free battery. The getting cut in half by the bandsaw might have had something to do with it too.

Have you tried updating the software on your phone? If they have added new towers in the area your phone may not be aware of them.

Willy

Hmmm...never thought of that. I'll have to find the book to figure it out. Thanks!

With Verizon I know there is a * something number you can call that will update the software, I just can't remember what it is. :doh: If you stop by a store or call customer service they should be able to tell you what it is.

Willy

I figure out the update number for verizon ( *22899 send ,if anyone is interested). Didn't seem to help. So I reactivated my old phone with an external antenna, and I have two bars most areas in the building now. Hopefully that will do it! jamminz.gif