CRL Slider Rear window - ?

I plan to order a replacement CRL rear window slider for my MJ project. I'm having a hard time finding the 3 panel one so I may have to just get the 4 panel version.

My question is do I need to order a new gasket from Chrysler to have put in with the new window or does a new one come with the CRL window? I assume the CRL window is glued to the body like the front glass and the gasket/trim glued to the window for asthetics?

Urethane is the glue you refered to for the front window. It is what is used to install windows like that that don't have the rubber gasket. It is a thick rubbery black tar looking stuff that is really nasty if you get any on you.

Oh ok...got it. Thanks for the clairification. So it sounds like I do NOT need to buy the new gasket from Chrysler/Jeep, that would be a good savings of $60.

I just had a CR Laurence back glass installed... I too wanted a 3 piece, but what was shipped to the glass place was 4 piece. Guess they are NLA.

AFAIK, the factory rubber gasket is NLA. I tried to order one, but ended up not needing it as the CR Laurence glass doesn't require it (metal exterior frame)

yeahthat.gif

The CRL slider is only available in the 4 panel, the 3 panel is long discontinued. Plus at this time there are only 5 available in Dark Gray Glass.

As noted above, the CRL slider is a "framed" slider, and no additional gasket is required.

And Yes, you need Glass Urethane Adhesive to "set" it into the opening.

Link to CRL-

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showl ... delID=1653

If you want me to quote you a price, PM me, I have an account with CRL :D

Plus at this time there are only 5 available in Dark Gray Glass.

Wow, I got 1 of 6 left? Or is thats whats left in your area?

One thing of note. The CRL glass I got did not contour to the cab well. Its basically flat, where the back of the cab has a slight contour. There is a small gap at the top and bottom which the installer filled well with urethane. It does not leak.

Later I found in the packaging, 4 screws that were supposed to be drilled through the sheetmetal and into the inner frame of the glass to secure it. But I don't think that would have made the frame flush to the cab as I think glass doesn't bend too well.

:yeah that:

The CRL slider is only available in the 4 panel, the 3 panel is long discontinued. Plus at this time there are only 5 available in Dark Gray Glass.

As noted above, the CRL slider is a "framed" slider, and no additional gasket is required.

And Yes, you need Glass Urethane Adhesive to "set" it into the opening.

Link to CRL-

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showl ... delID=1653

If you want me to quote you a price, PM me, I have an account with CRL :D

PM Sent :D

FYI - I called a couple of places today and found one place that had them in stock.

I just had a CR Laurence back glass installed... I too wanted a 3 piece, but what was shipped to the glass place was 4 piece. Guess they are NLA.

AFAIK, the factory rubber gasket is NLA. I tried to order one, but ended up not needing it as the CR Laurence glass doesn't require it (metal exterior frame)

That looks good! Thanks for the pic. I assume you had a glass shop install it? Did you take out the old glass yourself? If so did you destroy the gasket taking it out?

Before I posted, I check online, and they show 3 in Ohio, and 2 in California, in stock.

Yes, there maybe some 'retailers' that have them in stock on "their" shelf.

I'm not saying that there being discontinued, just saying that is what CRL has in stock at this time, and they may make more units in the future. I sold 2 of them last year, and there were many more in stock at that time, and also available in the clear glass.

I can buy 1, 10 or 50 at a time.......but who wants to tie up that kind of $$$

Yea, temper glass is kind of hard to bend.......it kind of "explodes" if bent too far :headpop:

That looks good! Thanks for the pic. I assume you had a glass shop install it? Did you take out the old glass yourself? If so did you destroy the gasket taking it out?

Thank you. Yes, I had a pro install it. Auto glass is not a DIY job IMO...

I did pull out the OEM rubber gasket (I just pryed a corner and pulled) to prep and repaint the truck. Its just an exterior trim piece and has nothing to do with sealing the frame (urethane does that) The original gasket came out intact and when I showed it to the installer, he said it was reusable. Of course he didn't end up needing it.

Funny thing is, the OEM glass and frame literally fell apart when he removed it... He said thats the first time that's happened to him. It was in baaaad shape.

Before I posted, I check online, and they show 3 in Ohio, and 2 in California, in stock.

Yes, there maybe some 'retailers' that have them in stock on "their" shelf.

I'm not saying that there being discontinued, just saying that is what CRL has in stock at this time, and they may make more units in the future. I sold 2 of them last year, and there were many more in stock at that time, and also available in the clear glass.

I can buy 1, 10 or 50 at a time.......but who wants to tie up that kind of $$$

Gotcha, thanks good to know... image_209027.gif

Nice clean looking rig comanche09. Like the color too. Just noticed you're in Mobile? I'm not too far north of you up in Arab.

Thanks for the compliment! The color is Tractor Supply Co. Silver (Truck and Trailer Enamel) :brows:

You have a very nice MJ yourself...Stroker :drool:

There is a new Pull-a-Part down here full of XJ's and they even have a couple MJ's (4-bangers though) FYI if you need parts

There is a new Pull-a-Part down here full of XJ's and they even have a couple MJ's (4-bangers though) FYI if you need parts

I have a super PnP yard close by in Brownboro, AL. Last time I was there (last month), there were at least 15 MJ's and countless XJs to pick from. The owner is an MJ fan/owner/driver and never crushes them. It's called Complete Auto Parts, and they specialize in Jeeps.

I have a super PnP yard close by in Brownboro, AL. Last time I was there (last month), there were at least 15 MJ's and countless XJs to pick from. The owner is an MJ fan/owner/driver and never crushes them. It's called Complete Auto Parts, and they specialize in Jeeps.

Wow... I think there are a total of 4 badly beaten MJ's in the Mobile yards (and all 4 bangers strangely... or maybe not).

Thanks for the tip! Time to plan a road trip