Slave cylinder??

OK so we fixed the clutch master problem (and the wiring problem that stemmed from the leak) now the slave is leaking........we have also replaced the radiator (high flow 3 row core open system conversion) and the water pump.

Schmucks wants $150 and a week or more wait to special order the clutch slave.......anyplace I can get one cheaper? I don't have time to cruise junk yards (they aren't open when I'm awake anyway).

I guess my tech question is: when does the money pit end and I can have my reliable DD?????????????

2.5 or 4.0?

If it's a 2.5, you could track down everything you need, including a brand new slave(I paid 47 for one), for an external conversion.

If it's a 4.0, that's about what I've seen the internals run. Unfortunately there's no external option for the BA 10/5. If you've swapped in an AX-15, the external conversion would be an option for you.

If it's internal, I can only recommend the OEM slave. the aftermarket units seem to have a problem with poor quality and premature failure. :( but if you're open to anything, try calling all the local auto parts stores.

so I need to call the dodge dealer for the part? and hope it isn't higher priced than schucks? as well as deal with thier stinking (poor at times) customer service when dealing with non-garage owners............oooops was that my out loud voice?

I've heard horror stories from guys that went through 2 or 3 aftermarket slaves to find one that kept working. :( OEM should last another 150k miles. Too bad the trans probably won't survive that long.

Personally, I'd hunt down an External slave AX-15 and swap that in instead of paying for a new internal slave for a Peugeot.

OEM should last another 150k miles. Too bad the trans probably won't survive that long.

Especially not the way I drive...........Lets see I finished off the head gasket less than a month after I purchased the truck.....since then it's been clutch master, radiator, water pump, now clutch slave.......I will start looking for the other tranny......

I guess my tech question is: when does the money pit end and I can have my reliable DD?????????????

Just Empty Every Pocket ;) have faith it will all work out, just think by the time your done you will almost have a new truck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just Empty Every Pocket ;) have faith it will all work out, just think by the time your done you will almost have a new truck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Heh.....I've already done that with the XJ and she isn't even a realiable DD (front end messed up , rear making "popcorn sounds") you get the idea........I have emptied every pocket several times on my Jeeps but I wouldn't trade them for ANYTHING else (except maybe a UniMog).