Rustys 4in rear spring pack

Hey everybody...

i am looking to get a little more lift out of my MJ...i have a stock rear leaf pack with a add-a-leaf..not really happy but my question is if i get the 4in leaf pack from rustys will i need to get a slip yoke eliminator kit or can i still run my stock driveshafts?? I have a 1in transfercase drop kit thats not installed yet could i use that to compensate for the increased lift I'm just trying to get everything planned out thx a bunch

Yeah, the SYEs and drop kits are for XJs and short wheelbase Jeeps. Some MJ owners are running 6+ with the stock driveshaft. That's pushing it, but it is do-able. You might want to take the opportunity to install new U-joints, as U-joints don't like to have their operating angles changed.

I should have mentioned that, I got lazy with the u-joints cause it was a weekend of axle swapping and lift and I didn't feel like doing them.

2K miles later and the joints in my rear DS are toasted.

At least I did the front one, so I don't have to worry about that.

ok coolness i will buy a set and get them installed...good idea on the u-joints but i thought of that when i pulled the trans out cause it exploded on me one day...i still got to do the front driveshaft joints tho and the front axle joints too thx for the input everyone...