np231 sye and spline problem....???

Ok got a xj I'm working on, the transfer case that is on it has the original slip yoke, I have another transfer case that has a slip yoke eliminator kit installed. The spline count is different between the two. What is the best way to make this work for me...

The original T-case has all electrical connections on it, and the T-case with the SYE kit has vacuum lines on it... if this makes a difference...

I guess is it easier to change the input shaft or change the SYE kit over to the other case......thanks

i'm thinking you can disassemble the cases and swap over the input gear or mix-n-match as you see fit because we swapped everything to 23 spline from 21 when my brother switched jeeps.

it's the same amount of work to swap the gear or the sye. IIRC

The SYE does not matter if it's a 21 spline or 23 spline TC. The only thing a SYE effects is the OUTPUT shaft, not the input shaft. Yank it off and put it on your other TC and be done with it.

The only thing that 99% of the SYE kits on the market do not have the connection for the vac system for the CAD axle. But you said that your original one is the electric one so it will not effect you at all.