comanche wont move

my 1989 5spd is goin into gear but won't mov antidisestablishmentarianism do u think it is its been sitting for 5 years with the ebarke on but i released it and it still won't move keep in mind I'm only 14 i turn 15 n januay so I'm tyin to fix it by then antidisestablishmentarianism should i try :fs1:

After sitting for 5 years, you have a lot of potential problems.

1. The parking brake cables are probably rusted. If the parking brake was left on, that would leave the cable rusted so that it hold the brake engaged even when you release the foot peddle.

2. The rear brake shoes may be rusted to the drums. If so, you will probably have to destroy the shoes to get the drums off.

3. The front pads are probably rusted to the rotors. You should pull the calipers, check the pads, and buff as much rust as you can off the rotors with a wire wheel or sanding disk, then reinstall.

nvm i go it off but the back brake is on antidisestablishmentarianism should i do to break it free :dunno:

I usually use a 2 or 3-pound sledge hammer applied to the sidewall of the tire from the back side (i.e. from under the vehicle). The wheel should be jacked up, and since you'll be lying on the ground under the chassis, you need to be sure the truck is well supported. If you care about the wheel, be careful not to hit it.

I had one MJ a year or so ago where that worked for three out of four, but it wouldn't "pop" the right front. Fortunately, that truck had stock steel rims and I have plenty of those, so I gave up hitting the tire and used a full-size (long handle rather than one-hand) sledge hammer applied directly to the flange of the rim. I destroyed the rim pretty thoroughly before it came loose.

nvm i go it off but the back brake is on antidisestablishmentarianism should i do to break it free :dunno:

I usually use a 2 or 3-pound sledge hammer applied to the sidewall of the tire from the back side (i.e. from under the vehicle). The wheel should be jacked up, and since you'll be lying on the ground under the chassis, you need to be sure the truck is well supported. If you care about the wheel, be careful not to hit it.

I had one MJ a year or so ago where that worked for three out of four, but it wouldn't "pop" the right front. Fortunately, that truck had stock steel rims and I have plenty of those, so I gave up hitting the tire and used a full-size (long handle rather than one-hand) sledge hammer applied directly to the flange of the rim. I destroyed the rim pretty thoroughly before it came loose.

i got the back brakes loose now i only got 2 get the right front thanks for the help

Soak whatever won't come loose in PB blaster. If it doesn't work the first time keep on for days. It should eventually break it loose. Also now that you have your rears off you could try to drive the Jeep forward or backwards to break the fronts free, there is less holding it back now. If you have 4x4 I would try using that as well.

Welcome to the club! We always love having new faces in here! But many of us are old timers, and find it very difficult to read texting language. Could you please please please type evrything out. I know for sure that there are some guys that won't even respond to such a message, making the Comanche Club a smaller resource to you. There is such a huge knowledge base here that I would hate to see it getting shorted to you for not fully typing. We love to see a new generation of guys loving and caring for our dear trucks. There really never has been anything else like them.

As for your problems...looks like you have a great start so far getting it going. And yes, there are going to many more problems you are going to encounter bringing it back to life after sitting for five years. Just read everything you can from these pages and the builds in the projects section, and you will find everything your heart desires. There have been members who have used similar products like Rhino Line to cover their trucks. A guy that works in the body shop where I work just did it to his 2dr Cherokee and it looks great! There are several products on the market, some better than others, so when you are ready for it, start a new thread, or use our search function, and you will find what members have had good and bad luck with.

And we absolutely love pictures! So if you can, post some for us. You will be loved by all if you do.

Good luck getting going, and keep us posted!

i got all thebrakes loose :banana: but the clutch is bad :grrrr: where cn i get a new 1 my dad is gonna put iton 4 me

Try Advance Auto Parts, O'Reiley Auto Parts, or Autozone. I prefer Advance, but any of them should either have it in stock or be able to get it usually in 1 business day by 9AM.