update on my mj

jpdocdave

haven't posted anything about my truck in a while. installed tow hitch, aux. trans cooler, temp gauge and sensor, gear indicator in the cluster that didn't have a spot for it before. 30" mud tires, front tow hooks, removed lower valance, and shaved front fenders to match. made lower fan shroud out of a floor mat, cuz it does run warmer without it.

here's a reminder of how i found it, i still want the cap gone out of my yard :ack:

30" tires

i flared the cooler lines, and used fittings instead of hose clamps for the sensor

gear indicator, and trans temp gauge. gauge works, and i installed a dash light i had laying around, so it dims with the rest of the cluster as well :yes:

Image Not Found

i love driving this truck, and for a while i'm gonna use it for a tow rig. i'm going to keep everything cool, engine and trans temps, trailer brakes, and i'm gonna give it a shot at towing one of my yj's around. yj and car hauler i have will weigh 4800 to 4900 pounds, gonna use every bit of the 5,000 lb tow capacity. let the flaming begin :clapping:

it won't win any drag races, and i'm not gonna tear up my beloved truck, keep the temps down, take it easy, cruise around 50 -55 i'm guessing, and have a good ole time. :wavey:

Image Not Found

Holy full cluster and column shift!

Talk about a unicorn... :D

Rob L.

Looks good man!

thanks for the compliment, just to clarify, it wasn't a unicorn to start. it was an idiot cluster, got a full cluster from pat, and then i cut out the tach, and installed the indicator from the old cluster.

come to think of it, every part i've put on this thing has come from pat....weird :hmm:

Image Not Found

Holy full cluster and column shift!

Talk about a unicorn... :D

Rob L.

Looks good man!

thanks for the compliment, just to clarify, it wasn't a unicorn to start. it was an idiot cluster, got a full cluster from pat, and then i cut out the tach, and installed the indicator from the old cluster.

come to think of it, every part i've put on this thing has come from pat....weird :hmm:

Not that weird. When you have a barn FULL of XJ/MJ parts, your bound to help a few people out.

;) Rob L.