best xj seats

Just by guessing I would say, black buckets from a two door Cherokee pre 95 maybe? not sure when they changed the floors around and that messed with the seat I believe. then after that any seat from a 2 door with the correct substructure because they fold forward and allow access to behind the seat.

'84-~'95 two door with the straight (not curved) slider under them are the most direct swap into an MJ using the MJ's floor pedestals. 4-door seats don't tilt forward and the curved slider will sit you up a couple inches higher than stock.

'84-~'95 two door with the straight (not curved) slider under them are the most direct swap into an MJ using the MJ's floor pedestals. 4-door seats don't tilt forward and the curved slider will sit you up a couple inches higher than stock.

Agree w. Pete except the cutoff year for the seat redesign was 1994, although I suspect there was probably some overlap. The 93 and below 2-door buckets, especially from a Laredo or Limited XJ model since they hve the bigger side bolsters, are the easiest swap and are direct bolt-ons to the MJ bucket seat sliders. Mine are from a 2-door 90 XJ Laredo model. Very comfy too. :D