Dash Cluster Short I Can't Find

My dash cluster keeps blowing fuses. :fs1: I've checked the ground at the rear driver's tail lamp, and it's in good shape. I checked my trailer wiring harness to see if any wire had developed a new inappropriate relationship with a body ground, and everything appears to be fine. I replaced my headlight switch, thinking something internally may have failed, and the new switch didn't make a difference. I removed and replaced the gauge cluster harness to make sure everything was properly seated.

And I still can't find the short. I'd appreciate your thoughts on what else I might look for, or whether it's more likely that I simply missed the culprit in one of the areas I've already checked.

Thanks.

Did you replace the instrument cluster then start blowing the fuse, or did it just happen out of the blue? Pull the bulbs one by one from the front parking lights and try it. The bulb sockets shorting out internally is common.

Does it pop the fuse instantly? If so, I would try removing (or just unplugging) the cluster and try again. If it still pops the fuse with the cluster unplugged, your problem isn't in the cluster, it's in the wiring. If it doesn't pop the fuse until you plug the cluster in -- the problem is in the cluster.

Thanks - I'll run those down today - haven't touched any of the lamp sockets yet. I did change the cluster a while back, and I do think they worked after the change. The fuse does blow immediately when I pull the headlight switch - they never get the chance to come on.