What did I melt?

I was driving the Comanche on about a 3 hour round trip, I got home and was unloading the bed while the engine was running. It's about 95F outside right now, but the Comanche was staying under 210F. While unloading I heard the engine bog down, but didn't think much of it because it does that frequently. I looked back about a minute later and smoke was pouring out the hood. I popped open the hood and found that the wiring harness that runs down the drivers side was smoking. These wires were melted to a glob of plastic on top of the wheel well, I'm assuming it was a plastic connector, but what did it connect to? The unplugged green connector is for the electric fan, I thought that was what was smoking at first.

looks to be the wiring to the aux.fan, it goes to a diode that splits into the temp sensor and the a/c switch.

Can I buy that Diode somewhere? Does anybody have a pic of what it's supposed to be connected to? Or can I just cap them off? I was going to buy a Spal fan controller anyways.

looks to be the wiring to the aux.fan, it goes to a diode that splits into the temp sensor and the a/c switch.

Diode?

Are you thinking of a 1991 or 1992? The OP has an '89. I'm not aware of any diode in the aux fan wiring for a Renix MJ.