Jump to content

What did I melt?


Recommended Posts

I was driving the Comanche on about a 3 hour round trip, I got home and was unloading the bed while the engine was running. It's about 95F outside right now, but the Comanche was staying under 210F. While unloading I heard the engine bog down, but didn't think much of it because it does that frequently. I looked back about a minute later and smoke was pouring out the hood. I popped open the hood and found that the wiring harness that runs down the drivers side was smoking. These wires were melted to a glob of plastic on top of the wheel well, I'm assuming it was a plastic connector, but what did it connect to? The unplugged green connector is for the electric fan, I thought that was what was smoking at first.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

looks to be the wiring to the aux.fan, it goes to a diode that splits into the temp sensor and the a/c switch.

 

Can I buy that Diode somewhere? Does anybody have a pic of what it's supposed to be connected to? Or can I just cap them off? I was going to buy a Spal fan controller anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

looks to be the wiring to the aux.fan, it goes to a diode that splits into the temp sensor and the a/c switch.

Diode?

 

Are you thinking of a 1991 or 1992? The OP has an '89. I'm not aware of any diode in the aux fan wiring for a Renix MJ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...