92 4.0HO ticking-embarrassing noise.....

Hey guys, my wife's 4.0 is ticking actually more like tapping...not knocking.... I need to do a valve cover gasket on it... but I figure I would check with y'all to see if when I take the valve cover off if I should look for anything in particular. The noise is coming from somewhere in the head....almost positive.... I need to do a tune up on the truck, but Its leaking pretty bad from the VC so I figure I'd do this first....and the noise is embarrassing in parking lots and when I drive it to work....thanks

Check the vibration damper. My truck was making a ticking sound awhile back, thought it was an exhaust leak. Turned out to be rubber in damper coming apart and allowing it to rub on timing chain cover making ticking sound.

Check the vibration damper. My truck was making a ticking sound awhile back, thought it was an exhaust leak. Turned out to be rubber in damper coming apart and allowing it to rub on timing chain cover making ticking sound.

:agree: mine did the same thing.......It was like chika chika chika chika then i got it fixed :brows:

no more chicka chika :banana: