Switching Over a 92 to 4x4

hey guys I am looking at a 92 cheif 2wd in mint condition, freshly rebuilt engine, D44 rear with slight body damage. Now I am a offroad guy and 2wd just isnt going to stay on there but Ive never switched over before and wondering what I am going to have to do other than swap the front in off my cherokee, does the TFC bolt onto the tranny or will my tranny have to go in there as well? As for drive shafts will i have to order a custom one or is the wheelbase the same?

you will not need a custom driveshaft.

...What? :nuts:

Yes you will need to have your 2wd rear driveshaft cut down or have a new one made. The front shaft off the XJ will work just fine.

Basically just move everything over. Since you seem to have a complete donor, you should be set with everything except the rear shaft.

Just want to verify.. What year is the donor, is it the same as the MJ(motor and trans)?

Just want to verify.. What year is the donor, is it the same as the MJ(motor and trans)?

X2

I just went thorugh a hell of a project to convert a 2wd peugot to a 4wd AW4. Stupid stuff like steering wheel, pedal assembly, and throttle body had to be swapped amongst a list of other things.

If it is already an AW4, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, prepare for a bit of work.