Track bar alignment

Installed V8 ZJ coils, 2 inch poly spacers, 92 xj longer sway bar links, 31" mud terrains and got it aligned. Rides good just some play in the steering and ride, not quite death wobble though. I am not sure if i even needed the track bar. Just looking at it, it seems to be fine, it is angeled slightly but everything is tight. The sway bar is hitting my coil on the passenger side though, the relocation brackets should fix that.

The track bar locates the axle side-to-side. Keeping the stock track bar at 3" pulls the axle towards the drivers side and might be causing the contact as the components on the passenger side get closer to each other. At the least, adding it in now will probably cause your steering wheel to turn off center a bit.

Installed V8 ZJ coils, 2 inch poly spacers, 92 xj longer sway bar links, 31" mud terrains and got it aligned. Rides good just some play in the steering and ride, not quite death wobble though. I am not sure if i even needed the track bar. Just looking at it, it seems to be fine, it is angeled slightly but everything is tight. The sway bar is hitting my coil on the passenger side though, the relocation brackets should fix that.

With a similar front lift my axle shifted about 5/8" left toward the drivers side. The below link explains how to measure this shift. Then you can adjust it out to re-center the axle w. your adjustable track bar. After that you will need to re-center the steering wheel with thr drag link. None of this should affect your alignment.

http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoTrackbar.htm

With a similar front lift my axle shifted about 5/8" left toward the drivers side. The below link explains how to measure this shift. Then you can adjust it out to re-center the axle w. your adjustable track bar. After that you will need to re-center the steering wheel with thr drag link. None of this should affect your alignment.

http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoTrackbar.htm

can't I just center the body over the axle by disconnecting the upper mount of the track bar and moving the steering wheel?

can't I just center the body over the axle by disconnecting the upper mount of the track bar and moving the steering wheel?

Not sure what you are asking here. The purpose of the adjustable track bar is to re-center the axle under the body. I don't know which adj. track bar you have, there are many different models designed for the amount of lift you have i.e. 0"-3", 3"-6", etc., but I used a 0"-3" TeraFlex unit. It has an adjustment collar like a tierod so you don't have to disco one end of it. But with your lift, you need to measure first (as in the link) to see if your axle is centered or not. If it's still centered, no worries. If it's not, you have to adjust the track bar, making it longer, until the axle is pushed back toward the passengers side and re-centered. Make sense?

Not sure what you are asking here. The purpose of the adjustable track bar is to re-center the axle under the body. I don't know which adj. track bar you have, there are many different models designed for the amount of lift you have i.e. 0"-3", 3"-6", etc., but I used a 0"-3" TeraFlex unit. It has an adjustment collar like a tierod so you don't have to disco one end of it. But with your lift, you need to measure first (as in the link) to see if your axle is centered or not. If it's still centered, no worries. If it's not, you have to adjust the track bar, making it longer, until the axle is pushed back toward the passengers side and re-centered. Make sense?

It does now, thanks for clearing the fog guys. :thumbsup: