Fog light wire?

So on my Comanche i look of my cover around the radio and around the colom and stuff... and i got a switch from a cherokee to put in for the fog lights, and i see that they already have wires there to just plug in.. now where is the other end of this wire to connect to the lights? thanks much. aaron 8)

As I recall when I put them in my 86 Cherokee, I only had the bit from the bulkhead connector (C101?) to the left front corner. I 'borrowed' an unsed contact from the bulkhead connector to run the wire up to the switch. Between years and models the 'basic' harness might have changed. You may be lucky and find it all the way to the front. First check to see if you have power at the plug you found and then trace it back to each connector in the main harness and check it there is a corresponding wire on the other side. You are going to need the wiring diagram for your year or early AMC, late AMC, or whatever Chrysler changed. I forget where the relay was and how it was tied into the headlight switch. The point is you wil need to verify your harness since the assembly line variations are endless, unless later production only used one harness for all models, but being modular you could find a dead section or two.

I just added factory foglights to my '87 last weekend. The fog light connector under the dash has power and is ready to go. The connector under the driver's side headlight has 2 wires you'll need. A thicker red wire is constant power for the relay and there's a white wire with a green tracer that's attached to the switch in the dash (trigger for the relay). If you grab a donor harness you can splice the 2 of them together by disassembling the connector (each pin clips into the connector) and adding the contacts you need. The wiring to the fog lights consists of a green power feed and a black ground for each fog light. These go from the relay to the lights but you'll need to ground the black wire if you splice harnesses.

Once I figured all this out it was actually fairly straightforward.

So on my Comanche i look of my cover around the radio and around the colom and stuff... and i got a switch from a cherokee to put in for the fog lights, and i see that they already have wires there to just plug in.. now where is the other end of this wire to connect to the lights? thanks much. aaron 8)

If your MJ did not come w. factory fog lights, you will have to add a relay for them. The "other end" of the dash switch wiring is present in the 10-pin left side forward bulkhead connector and you can use this OEM wiring. Send me an email address via PM and I can forward a wiring diagram for your fog/driving light install. :cheers: