Got a new monitor:

Sir Sam

How does one scam a markdown like that? :brows:

:thumbsup:

Rob L.

Sams club markdown.....they have some great @#$%ing markdowns if your the one to find em.

They had like 5 or 6 others that day that had been returned. One had a scratched screen, others a damaged case, etc. I think this one had been a display model or something, came with no cables manuals or remotes.

I got my blue ray player the same way ($150 from $200 - last one, display model) my stainless steel grill that way($200 from $400 - had been returned, said "left burner" on it, but everything worked just fine.

Even though I checked this TV out in the store and everything worked then after getting it home and using it for a little while green lines appeared on the screen.

So I called up vizio and am working on a warrantee claim with them. They said they would probably just replace it. Hopefully it all works out.

Nice, just like when I found an XBOX 360 for $100. Fearing the red ring of death, I called microsoft hoping the previous owners hadn't registered it yet. Called, they hadn't. Now I have a XBOX warrantied in my name just in case. ;)

Rob L.

Nice, just like when I found an XBOX 360 for $100. Fearing the red ring of death, I called microsoft hoping the previous owners hadn't registered it yet. Called, they hadn't. Now I have a XBOX warrantied in my name just in case. ;)

Rob L.

Ya, the RROD is such a common issue that microsoft is trying to make up for all the failures, I have heard from some people that even secondhand, used, out of warrantee 360's will get replaced with a refurbed unit from MS. Guy on another jeep forum got one for free that was RROD, called up MS, got it replaced for free. Pretty nice score!

My wife and I just bought a chest freezer from Sam's last weekend, and as we were waiting for them to bring one out of the warehouse (almost an hour.....I won't even get into that story :fs1: ) we were browsing the scratch-and-dent section. They had 4 Visio 42" plasmas there, three were damaged and one was just like your monitor....no cabling or remotes, for $700 and some change. We didn't buy it, but thought long and darn hard about it. We may go back down and look at what they have available after we close on the new house.

Jeff

My wife and I just bought a chest freezer from Sam's last weekend, and as we were waiting for them to bring one out of the warehouse (almost an hour.....I won't even get into that story :fs1: ) we were browsing the scratch-and-dent section. They had 4 Visio 42" plasmas there, three were damaged and one was just like your monitor....no cabling or remotes, for $700 and some change. We didn't buy it, but thought long and darn hard about it. We may go back down and look at what they have available after we close on the new house.

Jeff

$700 is not a great deal, they had another that came with everything, but had a 3-4" scratch in the screen, $250 from like 800.

Sometimes even the markdown stuff at sams club is more expensive than where you can buy new online elsewhere.

Well I got a call back from Vizio after sending in the pictures of the screen, they offered an onsite repair or a refurbed unit. I opted for the refurbed unit, seems like it will take a little longer, but the case on mine has some scratches and stuff on it, so hopefully I will walk away with a better looking unit.

Woohoo!

I love the sams club markdown area!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok they dropped off my replacement TV today. Had a long waiting period (12-4), they showed up at about 3. Walked in with a box, opened it, removed TV, took my old one, had me sign a paper, walked out. Whole thing took less than 4 minutes.

Guy asked if I had the old remote, told him I didn't he just shrugged and set the manual package down.

Included in the manual package, Manual, powercord(not like I needed it), HDMI cable(longer than the one I had), two AAA batteries, and one remote

So score for me, I was betting I would have to buy a remote, vizio wanted like $60 for it, but I found it online at a few places for like $15, so at this rate I am still $15+shipping ahead.

So I got my old TV down, took off my mount, installed it on the new TV with some Jeep fender bolts(good use of torx). Went to install it on the wall, turns out my old wall mount was too narrow!

Took it down off the wall, went outside and cut it in half with the grinder, bolted it back down about 5-6 inches wider.

Turns out I barely made it wide enough by about .25 inches on either side.

So I got it up on the wall, hooked up and powered on.

Picture looks fuggin fantasic! The black is much much better on this TV than on my old one. Also a good deal brighter too, I think the colors seem richer, though that might be a function of the better black.

Tv looks smaller up on my wall since the speakers don't stick way out the side, but the extra five inches over the old 37" is noticeable. (I wouldn't mind having a 52" now, but I suppose I should count my blessings).

Popped in the latest bond movie to give it a try, looked pretty fuggin great! Figured I would try out the TV watching a movie with the parents tonight since they came up to visit.

Turns out we watched Madagascar 2. Great way to break in a new 1080P TV.

Ok so this is what the old TV was doing:

newtv5.jpg

newtv6.jpg

So they replaced it with this one:

newtv7.jpg

Look at the detail there, so crisp and clear, the colors are much more vibrant and the black is much better:

newtv8.jpg

sweet deals and nice set-ups guys.

I use dual 19" widescreens for my computer. i like it, works for what I do.

fools gold - good movie too. ;)

Better movie than I thought it would be, I was expecting more of a chick flick, at least thats what all the previews made it look like. I was pleasantly surprised.