Power windows flippin' rock

wolfpackjeeper

Just finished my install in the MJ. Scored 2 window motors/regulators at the junk yard on Saturday, got the control box/switches wired up yesterday, and got the whole shebang installed today. Instead of putting the switches in the door I put them in a project box from Radio Shack, and wedged it between my bench and the shifter console. I will be ordering some momentary, round, push button, led illuminated switches and wiring one for up and one for down on each window and either flush mounting them on the console or on the dash where some other switches were supposed to come from the factory.

I was working with some manual regulators that would not go down the last 4 inches, which is VERY annoying on a truck. You just can't hang your arms out the window with them that high.

Next up: Manual to Power steering and fix the AC line I burst last year so I can get the interior cool again.

I never did like the stock mounting position, and I did not feel like scouring the jY to find a few good switch panels, though I might if the switch setup I am planning does not pan out. I do need to either find some door panels in good condition or have mine redone, or find something that fits in the hole where the handle came through (tweeter maybe?). I like my all vynal door panels, but given the chance I would probably add the lower pockets that I am missing.

I never did like the stock mounting position, and I did not feel like scouring the jY to find a few good switch panels, though I might if the switch setup I am planning does not pan out. I do need to either find some door panels in good condition or have mine redone, or find something that fits in the hole where the handle came through (tweeter maybe?). I like my all vynal door panels, but given the chance I would probably add the lower pockets that I am missing.

David, if you decide to use the stock door switches, let me know. I have a big box full of OEM switch panels and switches all in good shape. :cheers:

David, if you decide to use the stock door switches, let me know. I have a big box full of OEM switch panels and switches all in good shape. :cheers:

sweet, I will do so. I am already looking forward to the 4th since I will probably not get another chance to do any major projects like this until I get another 3 day weekend and break from training.

Thats a cool place that you linked to..

I got my Electric Life window regulators on sale from them. Exact bolt-in. Great units, made in Italy, and twice as fast and of better quality than the crappy OEM power window regulators. They're mucho cheaper too. :cheers: