jeep won't start

well i got my jeep all pieced back togather after my wreck, but now it won't start. Right after the wreck i started it twice, no problems, then took the battery out to work on it, put it back in and now it's not getting any fuel. there is a python remote start installed in it from the PO (don't have the remote) and when we put the battery back in (key was off) it started cranking, somehow the system went haywire. the fuel pump won't come on either. i'm down to 2 solutions, the security system shut off the fuel when it reset, or my fuel pump went out. i have checked every fuse in that truck related to the fuel and all are good. :dunno:

I would carefully remove the old security system. Ive seen many problems like this before where the PO put something in and the new owner doesnt get all the stuff and down the road problems start. Remove the old system and then see what happens... it is likely that it has a kill circuit for the systems that arent working. Hopefully, if it was installed proffesionally, it is pretty easy to remove without too much damage to the original harness... though you may still have to splice a few wires together. Look under the dash, and if it don't look factory take it out, keep an eye out for factory wires that have been cut and spliced to the new unit and hook them back up to each other after the non original part was removed. Same goes for connectors installed as jumper harness for the security sys. Good luck!

It should be easy to test the fuel pump -- run a 10-gauge wire directly from the battery to the heavy wire back at the fuel pump. There's a 3-wire connector about a foot from where the wires go into the tank. Be sure you have a decent ground on the black wire. The other skinny wire is for the fuel gauge, and the heavy wire is the fuel pump.

If it pumps when hot wired, you can figure the security system had a kill circuit.

ok thanks, we removed the system but still nothing, maybe we missed a wire or something. also the balister (sp?) is not getting or sending ( one of the 2) the proper voltage. :hmm: i had it towed to town today see what the mechanic can find

The ceramic fuel pump ballast? It shouldn't get any voltage until a couple seconds after the truck starts. The computer bypasses it at start-up to give full voltage to the pump.