Towhook rant &?

I've put a dozen or so sets of 'hooks on ZJ's and WJ's, but putting a set on my Comanche was no fun at all. Now the question-How about the bolt in the furthest back hole on the frame bracket. I'm figuring maybe a 1/2x3 or there abouts will work. Does that sound right? I didn't have one to try and I got called into work tommorow for an extra shift, so I thought I'd ask. :cheers: Thanks!

On the passenger side, watch the length if yours is a 4.0L. It pokes thru the framerail right about where the alternator is :cry: I've pulled several sets off XJ's in the 'yard, and it looks like the older models (pre-92ish) use a regular nut on the end of the bolt, and it just clearances. Later models have the hole in the framerail enlarged, and the nut is sleeved (it fits inside the hole and the end is flanged), so it sits flush with the framerail and doesn't contact the alt.

The above does not apply if you run a 2.5....plenty of room there, and the alt is on top :cheers:

You can't flip it around, either, because the bolt will hit the swaybar (if you have one :D )

Jeff

I noticed the alternater. Looks like there will be just enough room for the nut. I'm going to try that size bolt, using a nut on the outside of the frame with a washer, when I get off in 48 hours. Thanks.