Fog lights

Needing some input. I'm looking at installing fog lights. What type of lenses do you recommend, clear or orange, what brand? Yea, Piaa's are nice but too much $$$$ for me. Looking for a decent brand, no Wal Mart specials. Already wired up with relay. What do you think?

Yellow lenses are fog lights. Clear lenses are driving lights and could be used for aux light when off road or when there's no oncoming traffic.

Some fog lite manufactures use tinted reflectors in there fog lites. IE PIAA and LITEFORCE for an example.

How about watching for a big brand on EBay or somewhere else used? I picked up a set some years back like this, less than half price and great set of lites!!

I have had good luck with HELLA lites also.

CW

Yellow lenses are fog lights. Clear lenses are driving lights and could be used for aux light when off road or when there's no oncoming traffic.

Some fog lite manufactures use tinted reflectors in there fog lites. IE PIAA and LITEFORCE for an example.

How about watching for a big brand on EBay or somewhere else used? I picked up a set some years back like this, less than half price and great set of lites!!

CW

Good idea, I've got HELLA's for my off road lights, might check into their fogs. I'm pretty sure I've seen clear fog light advertised before though. :dunno:

CW

Good idea, I've got HELLA's for my off road lights, might check into their fogs. I'm pretty sure I've seen clear fog light advertised before though. :dunno:

:smart: Fog (wide flat ) Driving ( wide oval ) Spot/aircraft (circular ) refers to beam pattern ,color of reflector or lens (eg. yellow adds more contrast ) is personal preference or sometimes legislated (France requires all lighting to be yellow including h/lites ) I personally Like white fogs for all round versatility in combination with good quality H4 conversions (w/harness upgrade ) :wavey:

I've got two KC daylighters and two Hella 500s.

The KCs are like spotlights and more focused than the Hellas. The Hellas are pretty wide. I use em driving into work at 4:00 am everyday since seeing a guy right in front of me hit a 300 lb mule deer with his honda.

I think mounting them lower would be better for highway driving. Mine are mounted on a Carr roof rail so they're shining over the snow plow.

Also, don't pay the 20 bucks for the relays when you wire them, just pull em from a JY cherokee for nuthin.

And...I did salvage the deer! Hate to see an animal go to waste, plus he wasn't banged up at all, just a few broken ribs.

Yup, we had road kill cuisine at work last week when one of the guys killed a deer with the delivery truck. Straight head shot, no bruised meat.

It did crack a front marker light lens, though.

:hijack:

Hehe yeah I keep a body bag (clean of course!) in the trunk of the unit for when we respond to the auto/deer accidents.