Drive shaft ??

what other trucks or cars or what ever's drive shaft will work for are trucks. This is for a short wheel base i seem to keep bending them or twisting them and i need to find a replacement so what will work??

any one :hmm:

Have yours retubed with some slightly beefier metal. Don't go overkill though. I've heard of problems balancing a shaft made from too thick of metal. I wanna say the guy was using 1/4" tube. :dunno:

As you found out, pipe shouldn't be used on anything that is necessary for forward movement or self preservation (no rollbars, control arms, driveshafts etc.) It's just not strong enough. :thumbsup:

I will have to agree and disagree with you my drive shaft worked great until i drove up a 4 ft ledge and smacked it right in the middle. I even tried to park the Tahoe on top of the drive shaft to get it to bend the other way that didn’t even bend it one way or the other.

your right pete, but live and learn :doh:

So what option do i have now. Are the XJ u-joints slip yoke the same as are MJs i would think so. I can get one made he just needs the ends and i have a couple XJ drive shafts laying around plus i can get them all day long in the bone yard.

what other trucks or cars or what ever's drive shaft will work for are trucks. This is for a short wheel base i seem to keep bending them or twisting them and i need to find a replacement so what will work??

any one :hmm:

can't really find anything else that fits.

I just had my double cardan rear driveshaft rebuilt and retubed...I bent it on a rock. it was only .083 wall tube, it is now .138, which is just below 3/16". he had no trouble balancing it, but said I might notice vibes a bit if I ran small tires and deep gears. told him I had 33's and 4.10's and he laughed and said I won't have any issues.

and I don't...it's perfect.