Oil leak under oil filter

There's actually 3 Orings inside the elbow that the oil filter is mounted on. When they get old, they become brittle from the heat and age, then they crack/split and cause a leak. You can get a "service kit" for the adapter at parts houses that have a good "Help!" parts selection. I have 2 kits that I got at AutoZone from around $5 each. The part number is 82560. You can also go to the stealership, and get raped for the parts, plus odds are that you will have to wait for them to come in after being ordered.

There's actually 3 Orings inside the elbow that the oil filter is mounted on. When they get old, they become brittle from the heat and age, then they crack/split and cause a leak. You can get a "service kit" for the adapter at parts houses that have a good "Help!" parts selection. I have 2 kits that I got at AutoZone from around $5 each. The part number is 82560. You can also go to the stealership, and get raped for the parts, plus odds are that you will have to wait for them to come in after being ordered.

I got the kit from the dealership. $5.32 with tax.

Huh. The last time that I went to the stealership for these, they had to order each one seperately, and the big one was $9.17. WTF. I don't buy many parts from the stealership, so maybe the price has gone WAY down, and now, a kit, too. Oh, and the fuel line repair kits from the staeler are stupid priced, too, but I go down to the Napa and get the Orings, reuse the little spacers, and get new lock tabs from the parts houses, as needed. Esp. since Mopar might be out of business at some point coming up, I like to know that I can still get parts!

Hey I finally got the 0-ring kit Autozone wanted $9+ didn't have any and said had to order it, went to carquest $5.32 anyways you said inside the elbow I'm guessing I have to remove the housing from the block seem like there's a bolt head on the back to remove? or can I do everything from the top without going underneath?

Thanks, yeah I got it off was hoping I didn't have to crawl underneath, nothing that easy. lol

Note that the HELP 82560 universal kit includes 15 different size O-rings Only the big outer o-ring fits correctly the others are way too small and have to be stretch, Luckily I bought one of these 70 O-ring kit off Ebay some times ago, but I didn't have the big one.

Thanks, yeah I got it off was hoping I didn't have to crawl underneath, nothing that easy. lol

Note that the HELP 82560 universal kit includes 15 different size O-rings Only the big outer o-ring fits correctly the others are way too small and have to be stretch, Luckily I bought one of these 70 O-ring kit off Ebay some times ago, but I didn't have the big one.

That's why I posted up the link, the "Help" kits don't have the one big O-ring, been there :roll:

You can just get the one O-ring from a parts store, I know Advance carry them.

No actually this kit came with 2 perfect big outer O-ring the only ones that wouldn't fit correctly was on the oil bolt end 2nd largest.

Man 22 yr old O-rings were like plastic. lol anyways far left is the stock size and the only one that doesn't match is the center one which needs to be stretch.

Image Not Found

But no problem I bought this off of Ebay for $10 bucks and it sure came in handy.

Image Not Found