MJ bucket seat tilt pic

I just went and looked at/took pix of the setup, and I saw rivets holding the floor brackets on, and the rest of the frame bolted together. This is on a XJ seat that I am going to be changing over to my MJ in the AM.

I'll post up later on the actual tear down, if you'd like.

Ren, thanks for the pics.

But, those are of the bottom sliders. I need pics of the parts that make it recline and tilt forward on the side of seat under the padding and fabric.

I was wondering if they were the same setup as the 97+ XJ seats.

Jeff, I have a plan in the back of my mind to do something...

Oh, sorry :doh: . You are asking about the hinge area where the upper and lower cushions meet, then? I'll have a pic. up in a couple of minutes, as I am currently tearing down the MJ and XJ seats for the sliding tilt mech. Be right back.....( going to garage to take pic of pivot/hinge area)

Well. I tried to peel everything back so that I could get the pic, but my seats have side bolsters on them and they DO NOT want to move without the foam tearing apart. I did manage to see somewhat, and the ends of the frame at the hinge area are squashed flat, then held together with a rivet. as for the actual rachet and pawl for the tilt, I couldn't see anything, as it is mounted on the outside of the foam, which is wanting to tear. I tried.

Ahh, it wasn't a total bust. I figured that since I had the seat pulled down that far that I would go ahead and fix the cable that works the seat realease for the fold-forward part. It was strecthed out pretty bad, but a couple of zip-ties took care of that little problem :cheers: