Auto Tras. TPS & manual trans. TPS - They interchangable?

While at the junk yard I grabbed a couple TPS sensors from automatics. On my manual 5 speed the TPS only has one connector, whereas the ones I grabbed have 2 connectors. These two connectors look as though they are piggy backed together inside the TPS (same number & color of wires). I want to know If I can use these TPS sensors on my truck and if I can set up the TPS by using that extra connector to dock my multimeter. My wire harness does connect to one of those two connectors.

Thanks again for any suggestions, you guys are a great help!

it might be, my truck may have been an auto, but it is a 5 speed now, but it seems to have the sensor connector from the auto, its a 3 wire square connector, and the one that is hooked up now is a 3 wire inline connector,

so IF yours is like mine, you could probably connect the auto sensor anyway, and see if it works.

it might be, my truck may have been an auto, but it is a 5 speed now, but it seems to have the sensor connector from the auto, its a 3 wire square connector, and the one that is hooked up now is a 3 wire inline connector,

so IF yours is like mine, you could probably connect the auto sensor anyway, and see if it works.

No...they do not interchange.

If I were to use it, my setup would be exactly like yours. I plugged it in and tested it with a multimeter and it looks to be working, although I could not use the other square connector as a test port. Maybe NOT interchangeable, but why do you guys say that an Automatic Trans. TPS could not be used on a Standard? It does produce a smooth voltage reading from Zero V. to 5 V. and it does fit.

Just curious on the big NO,

Thanks.

I'm running a 4.0 that was behind an AW4 on my MJ with an AX15......but I swapped in an auto underhood harness. It's plugged in but does absolutely nothing, and it runs fine ;)

Jeff