Electrical issues Tail Lights, Turn Signals, back up lights

Hows it fellas. Hope you guys can give me some advice on some electrical issues. First off 87 comanche. Headlights, dash indicators, radio all work. Brake lights, turn signals F/R L/R, Back up lights, Dome light, heater, turn indicators all don't work. When i turn on the hazards i hear the flasher clicks about five times and stops no lights f/r work with the hazards. Plz help have to get it saftey checked to renew registration. Thanks fellas all info will help. Let me know if you need more info.

I'm sure you checked the fuses. Have you pulled them to see if they have water/master cylander fluid damage?

Also, ground behind the drivers side rear light. Not to mention all other grounds. Plus you need to check the light sockets in the front. I'm sure they will add more to check. My problem was actually the PO pulled the wire out of the fuse box and I had to search it down. Good luck.

Ok after my first post i began tinkering. Magically the hazards started working. F/R L/R lights blinked and dash turn indicators flash. So my problem is between the lever and the fuse box correct? Wouldent be a ground or a bulb issue if they all work with the hazards correct. Wondering if i should pull the steering shroud to have a look there. Read in previous search to test the harness for 12v at the l pin, is this worth it or you guys think the problem is somewhere else? BTW under the dash is like a rats nest wired up with switches for 3 sets of KC lights, alarm, and after market stereo all kinds of loose wires not going anywhere very hard to chase anything. Thanks again fellas all info greatly appreciated.

If your flasher quit working, you can replace the flasher units, that plug into the fuse box, and it's better to replace them with the Heavy Duty flasher units.

Also as noted, check your fuse box really carefully, specialty if you have a manual.

There is a plug connector in the rear, left side, just inside the rear apron that can also cause problems, pull it apart, clean it with some contact cleaner, and fill it with dielectric grease.

At worst, your sockets are bad, and you really need to check each one, both front and rear.

As far as the rats nest under the dash.........well.......don't ya just love what the PO have done :doh:

As far as pulling the steering column apart, start with the simple things first, and leave that as a last resort, the wiring from the multi function switch to the fuse box seldom go bad. Yes, the switch can go bad, but about having all the under dash wiring in a mess, could cause some of you problems too.

First off, god bless PO's. :???: I have similar issues. When brake is depressed, dash indicator lights light up like hazards are stuck on, only they don't blink. Just two silly green arrows pointing opposite directions. Such is life. Turn signal switch does nothing. No clicks, no lights. Head, tail, and markers work, brights work, but the other issues are quite annoying. There's a quality electrical shop in Chandler, AZ that I used before that I will have to hit up.

Well thanks everyone for the advice. I feel kind of stupid as the problem was the flasher. For some reason i thought the blinkers and hazards ran off the same flasher. Well it doesent problem solved. Had some bad connections at the fuse block and now dome light and heater work agian not that ill ever need the heater but hey its nice to have everything work. Thanks again fellas.