Shock length post/stickie?

I was thinking that since it seems difficult to figure out rear shock length when adding a lift that maybe a temporary sticky where everyone could list this:

Size of lift

Distance from center of wheel to fleer (since all lifts don't give exactly what is stated)

Shock used (with part# if possible)

length of shock collapsed and extended

spring over or under (since SOA may have perches in a different place)

bumpstop adjustments made

After the info is gathered it can maybe moved to the DIY forum

More power to ya if you can get enough info from the group. :thumbsup: Couple thoughts though:

-since a lot of us have our lower mounts or bumpstops in custom locations, that might not work quite as well as hoped. My 88's measurements will be worthless to anyone who doesn't have my exact setup (also the stock flares are gone)

-different techniques for lifting will have different shock requirements, it's not just about height (AAL vs longer shackle vs full replacement packs)

-tire size can affect bumpstop location which will also affect shock travel

Also, we don't really need to sticky it. It'll get bumped as people include their info. :thumbsup:

I agre with Pete -- I don't think there is any "standard" shock length for a particular lift height because a lot of guys fab custom mounts when they do an axle swap.

For example -- Rancho specs call for a stock (0 lift) Comanche to use an RS9118 shock in the rear. The lengths for that shock are 11.625 compressed and 17.750 extended. That's a baseline. If you know you have a 3" lift and still have the stock mounts -- just add 3 inches. Once you go SOA and muck around with the mounts, you're pretty much in uncharted territory.