headliner and carpet

does anybody know where i can buy a replacement headliner and carpet for the cab of my 87 5speed mj? or is there some kind of fabric that i oculd use that would hold up just as nice? other then a roller and spray adhesive, what else would i need to install them? thanx in advance - cody

If the head-liner board is in good shape you can paint it with acrylic-latex (brush works best ). Just remove the board , soft brush & vacuum off old glue residue / foam backer , lite coat of paint , once tacky fill any cracks with more paint. Dry thoroughly , lite sand ,tack wipe & apply finish coat . It's a cheap easy fix that will only take you an afternoon to complete , the result looks like vinyl and is very durable ( mine's lasted 5 yrs. so far ) :D

if it's still has the headliner itself, just needs new material, it's easy. you can get the material at an upholstry shop, even some fabric stores. it's really cheap.

if you want a description of how to replace the fabric on a headliner, let me know. i have done many, many of them and would be happy to post a detailed description. :chillin: