Can I swap leaf springs from other Jeeps in my MJ

Does anyone know if there are any other leaf spring packs from other vehicles that would work as a direct replacement for the MJ. Do the Cherokee springs work are they the same length. Mine is a 2WD and I would like to raise it at least up to what a 4WD is and I will do the real lift later in its life just not right now.

Acually, there may be several that will fit. Leaf springs are measured by width, thickness, and length, also rate, but I'll get into that later. Contact your local spring shop, usually under truck springs, They should have a listing of all the vehicles that would fit. Thats to say you would have to measure your main leaf from eye to eye, or bolt hole to bolt hole keeping the arch of the spring into mind. Just in case they don't have a listing for Comanche. Any reputable shop should have a generic listing for length and rate. Now rate, basically the higher the rate the more it will carry, they are made of higher carbon steel. Any spring shop that I have ever dealt with can, and usually will rearch your springs, provided there not shot.

Most spring packs locate the axle in the middle. Comanches are more of a 40/60 split with the axle closer to the front. So even if you find a spring pack with the correct length, width, arch and spring rate, the center pin might be in the wrong place.

A temporary measure would be to use a Chevy drop shackle. a 2" Chevy drop shackle will lift a Comanche about 1.5".

Acually, there may be several that will fit. Leaf springs are measured by width, thickness, and length, also rate, but I'll get into that later. Contact your local spring shop, usually under truck springs, They should have a listing of all the vehicles that would fit. Thats to say you would have to measure your main leaf from eye to eye, or bolt hole to bolt hole keeping the arch of the spring into mind. Just in case they don't have a listing for Comanche. Any reputable shop should have a generic listing for length and rate. Now rate, basically the higher the rate the more it will carry, they are made of higher carbon steel. Any spring shop that I have ever dealt with can, and usually will rearch your springs, provided there not shot.
There may be a mix-n-match out there, but the question was if there are any "Jeeps" that have matching springs ;) . It will be a lot more work than it's worth to find something going the match it up route than to just find some 4x4 springs and swap them as already suggested :thumbsup: