Hard to Start?

Best way to tell is check the pressure with a gauge. Pump, injectors or fuel filter would be my guess. Injectors could be really dirty, had mine cleaned a few months ago (135,000 mi) by Witchhunter performance. Before I did it took 2-3 seconds of cranking, now I just bump the ignition and it starts like the day I bought it. Gained 1 mpg and got a smoother running engine.

http://www.witchhunter.com/

The MJ will NEVER fire up that quickly. The Renix controlled engine will always take between 2-5 seconds to ignite and run. I have two Jeeps with 4.0L engines...one Renix & one HO. The HO fires and is running in 1 second or less most all the time, but the MJ has never done better than 2-3 seconds.

Check your fuel pressure to be sure, but there is not likely a problem...it is what it is. Don't waste your time & money cleaning the stock injectors. You can get the Ford Motorsport repalcement injectors like I used and see great improvements in idle, MPG, smoothness etc, etc... I got a 14% increase in MPG and I think it starts a little faster, but still never better than 2 seconds ;) . Go to Precision Auto Injectors for the ones that will make a difference. :thumbsup:

OH...BTW...we have a special deal with Precision too if you decide to go that way. Use ' JEEP ' as a discount code at checkout and get 10% off :clapping:

The MJ will NEVER fire up that quickly. The Renix controlled engine will always take between 2-5 seconds to ignite and run. I have two Jeeps with 4.0L engines...one Renix & one HO. The HO fires and is running in 1 second or less most all the time, but the MJ has never done better than 2-3 seconds.

+1 what TAZ said. You can't compare starting time on a Renix engine against an HO.

our 91 cherokee 4.0 starts really easy...
Exactly...it's an HO ;)

ahh... good point lol :doh: there was no smilie of him putting his foot in his mouth. my dad and i were actually talking about switching out the motors in the 91 cherokee and my MJ and i would use the cherokee as a DD to keep miles down on the comanche. still don't know bout that one yet.