So bored.

DirtyComanche

I'm starting to get cabin fever... I'm stuck 'up north'. And we aren't working at all... There is 6 choppers sitting. We did an inspection on the one 20 hours early because we had NOTHING else to do. I spent half of my '8 hour' working day hiding, and the other half of it building special tools that I probably won't need anytime. Then they told me they want me to stay another day so I can get some 'sleep management' training or something. I think I'm doing pretty good at sleeping with the lax work schedule.

that sucks. i hate being bored. :fs1: the problem is, i am disabled full time. that means i have nothing but time. you'd think that would be fun right? well it get's old fast. i look for stuff to do.

i'll go run the dogs extra just to give me something to do. i'll go jump on the tractor at the dog club and mow or move snow. i build things i don't need. i volunteer to do about anything. i fix anything and everything in the neighborhood. when it snows, i snowblow 7 of the neighbor's places. i change oil and do repairs to the vehicles, just to do something. i spend alot of time on the laptop chatting since i'm not a big tv guy. when it's nice out, i just sit in a chair in the front yard to people watch and keep an eye on the kids.

yep, being bored sucks. i'd rather have something to do than not. ;)

Good thing you’re not down here in the States, as your job doesn’t sound that repression proof. :hmm:

Yeah, well, we'll see about that... Most of our big customers aren't spending the money like they normally do. Not that we're really hurting, at least not in the big picture. Our operations in this country aren't really doing that well. But, in reality, there will always be some work.

It's just horrible sitting around when I've got about 5 years worth of projects to do at home. Although, I'm sure some people would think I've got a pretty good gig, getting $48 a day for meals (tax free), $35 for being out of town, plus my regular salary, all for just sitting around.

Good thing you’re not down here in the States, as your job doesn’t sound that repression proof. :hmm:

Yeah, well, we'll see about that... Most of our big customers aren't spending the money like they normally do. Not that we're really hurting, at least not in the big picture. Our operations in this country aren't really doing that well. But, in reality, there will always be some work.

It's just horrible sitting around when I've got about 5 years worth of projects to do at home. Although, I'm sure some people would think I've got a pretty good gig, getting $48 a day for meals (tax free), $35 for being out of town, plus my regular salary, all for just sitting around.

Would you like to do my heat and mass transfer homework for me?