Major Failure ($%# up)

Hey guys

I did the gauge swap and everything was fine until today , this morning the volts indicator was not working anymore so I wonder if anyone has an idea about what´s wrong

It was working fine yesterday

by the way i did the swap with an 89 XJ with the same color of indicators(blue ones) that the old one had on the gas and speedomtr

Probably the easiest way is to remove the gauge from the cluster and apply voltage from a 9V battery across the gauge terminals. Be sure to observe correct polarity, although the 9V battery will not hurt the gauge if reversed. If you get needle deflection the gauge is most likely okay and the problem is an open in the the circuit foil, corrosion on the cluster connector pins, or no input to the cluster. Taz posted an electrical schematic somewhere in the forum. :D I don't have any spare gauges at the moment, but will soon.

Will the gauge register 9 volts? 9 volts is the bottom end of the scale, nez pas?

I wondered who would catch that. Should have known it would be Eagle. :D Yes, the needle will deflect positive (or negative depending on polarity) with a fresh 9V battery. I've seen some jump up to midscale w. 9V applied before calibrating them. :eek:

ok thats it !!! :doh:

I @#$%ed up the speedo cable plastic end when i was installing it after the voltmeter check

I'm SOOO :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

can that thing (cable) be replace???if u found one or fix????some how

man I feel so freaking bad about this...I know that this kind of things happen when you mess with old parts but ...damn!!!! it fell in pieces in my hand, even the little needle type thing that plugs in

stupid jeepster :wall: