Removing Seats From Frame

I'm in the process of putting buckets in the MJ and am having a few problems. First of all I tried to put the rocker styled seats in and they do sit a little bit too high for my likings and they are not centered (they are both too far towards the center hump). I have MJ bucket seats from the junkyard but the seats themselves are trashed, water logged, and are the wrong color. So I took the bottom section of the seats off of the rockers and put them on the MJ buckets no problem but when i took a look at the upright portion i was dumbfounded. :rotf:

The upper section of the MJ buckets have the latch that folds the seat flat is different from the XJ's because it doesnt have that feature. So how do you remove the upper portion of the XJ and MJ buckets without destroying them, and are the XJ seats able to be put onto the MJ buckets??

No, I already have the bracket things figured out I need to know how to take the actual seat fabric off the metal frame. The bottom part was easy cause it was just removing 4 bolts. But the top section, I want to know if its possible to get it off to swap the good XJ ones onto the MJ seat frame. Hopefully thats clears things up a little bit. :cheers:

I just did this, it's not too complicated. This is for the bucket seats with the side supports:

First there are some wires at the bottom of the XJ seat back which hold them in place, remove them. This allows you pull up the center portion and access the side supports. Remove the plastic clips from around the wire in the frame and work the cover off the bolsters. Then reach up under the seat cover and depress two tabs at the base of each headrest receiver and pull them out from the top. Then work the cover off the frame, the back padding will stay with the cover and can be removed later. The non-folding XJ covers do not have the Velcro at the bottom so I zip tied the wires around the frame to hold them in place. You'll also have to cut the side for access to the folding lever. I can try to take pictures if you need more info, I just did this on Sunday and already installed the seats. Let me know.