Parking lights on???

Ok just went to go jump some guy and i noticed my parking lights were on. i didnt pull the switch and there was power going to them. Could the switch be the culprit, i looked at the wiring diagram on the site and i saw how it works and maybe its shorted to give power to the lights? Any ideas????

I really don't care if you say yes to my idea just give me something so i will have a reason to tear apart the truck tomorrow instead of chasing nothing.

I would think the switch or a shorted relay are the most likely culprits, but I have never seen this issue before. :hmm:

:agree:

In my experience with shorts things tend to get hot, and you get dark places on fuses (or caps melted off) but often the fuse doesn't blow. IMO it's probably a faulty switch.

I have to find the short in my MJ the weekend that is making my backup lights not work, and my signals work intermittently :wall: . So perhaps we can keep each other in our prayers... :rotfl2:

Ok so ive had the switch get hot a few years back. Shorted out and the lights wouldnt come on. Got in there and the whole connections plastic was melted.

Now i went to town to pick up my little bro and i had a few hours to wait. So i started messing with it just to pull the button out. I moved it a little and started yanking on it cuz it wouldnt budge. Then the radio came on(note the truck was off, keys on my belt loop). So i think its the switch or connections. Is there a place that sells a new harness or just JY.

I'm gonna tear it apart tomorrow. Gotta put new bulbs in headlights anyway cuz mine are too blue to pass hawaii inspection. so might as well try tackle some other electrical.

Good luck with those lights 1974cj5. You gotta luv electrical :rotfl2:

Well see when it did this to me a few years ago, and all the plastic melted around the connections. Maybe something vibrated loose and now the power from the battery is giving power to the lights when the key is on.

Luckily i got a spare switch because all i did when it melted was sand the plastic off the connections, and ordered another switch for no reason and now it found its reason. But do they sell wiring harnesses online or am i about to go junkyarding. Are the switches different because i got a 92' switch because of the engine swap, and dashboard swap. Can i only look for 92' wiring harnesses?