MJ overheating and not starting.

Ok so. i have a problem. i recently went to hollister hills and spent a couple days there 4wheeling. my truck ran fin while i was there and for a couple days once i got back. after a couple days the truck started overheating so i took out the thermostat and replaced the fan clutch hoping those were the problems. i finally finished everything up and took it for a test drive today but it started overheating about a half a mile from my house so i pulled into a 7-11 to check it out and now it won't start. i am stumped and i don't know what to do. i replaced the water pump a couple months ago and there is plent of water and coolant in the system. can you give me some suggestions?

sorry to say but kinda sounds like head or head gasket

if eather of the go it can fill a cylinder with antifreeze starter not stronge enough to push it back out

that is if it won't turn over

if it does turn over the spray from over heating may have gotin something wet

in the eletical sys

Welcome to the Club... :cheers:

The overheating sounds like a flow problem if it isverheating that quickly. Makes me believe that the radiator or other major component is clogged and there is no coolant flow.

There are a couple common causes of the no-start issue, but I don't think it is realted to the overheating...anything is poosible though.

The main two things that will cause a no-start are fuel & fire. Start with the basics as see if you have fire at the plugs. If not...you likely have a failed CPS.

Check the fuel pressure. If there is trouble there, you will need to determine if it is the pump or the ballast resistor as they are the two most common problems with the fuel system.

alright so i checked the oil and it looks like oil and the coolant still looks like coolant. phew. so its not a cracked head gasket. i just ran water through all of the radiator/waterpump/thermostat hoses and water came out the other end and i did the same thing wtih the radiator/waterpump/thermostat housing and water came out the other end. all the hoses seem fine too. this is driving me crazy! :fs1: