info wanted on Mj X

Has anyone seen or know of a modle called X? this is f/s realy cheep. The ad reads as followed (1986 Jeep Comanche X ,orginal 2.8L V-6,5 speed ,sun roof,fender flairs,ralley wheels,aluminum tailgate protector)

I looked around the web but could not find any info. any help would be great.

And I have found out how to ad photos one here :clapping:

yeah I understand and he has had the truck for years he said and the x under the comanche on the fender was on it when he bought it. he also said that a friend had one years ago aswell.

I wounder if it was a dealership thing. around here the dealerships are always doing things to vehicles as a promotion. I remeber a 87 honda I bought once new that had seats out of a accord and strips that said special on it, the dealer did this to about 10 of them to incress sales.

X was '86 only, trim levels went "Custom", "X", and "XLS" was the premium. I've never found anything that says what each trim level comes with other than stickers and decals though, but I think it's supposed to have full gauges and "premium" sound system (AM/FM/Cassette w/ stereo speakers). I'd pay more attention to the options it actually came with rather than the "package level" because with AMC/Jeep it seems like the buyer could mix and match whatever options he wanted into any package.

As noted, the 'X' was '86 only. The 2.8L V6 was a dog of an engine, but if the body is reasonably solid, IMHO any MJ is worth $100. You can always buy a junkyard Camaro 3.4L and swap it in ... the block is the same, so it's an easy swap to a much better engine.

Interesting ad. The fender flares are stock, factory parts. I guess maybe Jeep did refer to those wheels as "Rallye" wheels at one time, but they are actually the base level, 15x6 steel rims. Fortunately, all MJ, XJ, ZJ and YJ 15x7 aluminum rims fit, and are readily available.

As noted, the 'X' was '86 only. The 2.8L V6 was a dog of an engine, but if the body is reasonably solid, IMHO any MJ is worth $100. You can always buy a junkyard Camaro 3.4L and swap it in ... the block is the same, so it's an easy swap to a much better engine.

Interesting ad. The fender flares are stock, factory parts. I guess maybe Jeep did refer to those wheels as "Rallye" wheels at one time, but they are actually the base level, 15x6 steel rims. Fortunately, all MJ, XJ, ZJ and YJ 15x7 aluminum rims fit, and are readily available.

thanks eagle and yes the flare thing made me laugh. oh and the rimes. here in atlantic Canada they stop them in 90 as a stock item. the others were options. any bace modle came with the 15x6 steel ones called rallye wheels. lol

well I emaild the guy he sent me info and then after a week now will not reply to the lat email I sent him. can't be very interested in selling and as the better half says its a good thing. I found a stinger I am going to buy a set of RC shackles and spacers new, and that xj with the 6" skyjacker lift and a blow rearend. I need to go back to work I am going to have a jeep yard in no time. :cheers:

I used to have one as you can see in my signature, getting rid of that 2.hate was the best thing i did :thumbsup: it looked awsome, but that didnt make it run any stronger.

Image Not Found

The redneck in me just loves that truck. How old is that pic?

The giant yellow numbers on the bottom right of the pic say it was takes 5/25/2008 :nuts: the guy i sold it to just blew it up a couple of week ago, i tried to get it back, but he effin scrapped it :fs1: . the body on that truck was near perfect.

Erik

The giant yellow numbers on the bottom right of the pic say it was takes 5/25/2008 :nuts: the guy i sold it to just blew it up a couple of week ago, i tried to get it back, but he effin scrapped it :fs1: . the body on that truck was near perfect.

Erik

I have often used my digital camera to take a picture of a picture to make it easier to put on the computer. Sorry I asked. Hope you enjoy that free wheel cap I sent you. Dick.