Idiot Guages - got to replace

So I got a challange for ya.

Colum shift MJ, All idiot lights.

????what now?????

I did this exact thing this weekend in mine with column shift. This is what I did:

1. Remove the fuel gauge from your factory gauge cluster and cut off the bottom. Use the top of the PRD3 1-2 opening as your cutting guide

2. Remove the PRD3 1-2 housing from your factory gauge cluster. Two screws and unhook the wire to the column.

3. Remove the tach from your donor cluster, 3 or 4 screws on the back.

4. Notice: the bottom of the tach has two hole in each corner. Line up your PRD3 1-2 housing with those mysterious holes in the tach. Mark the tach where the PRD3 1-2 will be located.

5. Cut the Tach.

6. Place the lower portion of the fuel gauge (the piece you cut) behind the tach of of your donor gauges. Trim the PRD3 1-2 opening as necessary. You are essentially strengthening the tach to withstand the pressures of the column shift spring by doubling up the thickness of the tach.

7. Use a 1" machine screw, nuts, and washers to fasten the PRD3 1-2 housing to the back side of the tach. I put the screw in from the back, through the PRD3 1-2 housing, added 2 nuts as spacers, through the tach, and fastened down with two nuts. The PRD3 1-2 housing is now securely positioned behind the tach. The plastic gauge bezel will cover up the end of the machine screw and nut.

8. Trim any ribbing inside the donor gauges housing around the lower portion of the tach. Also, drill a big hole in the bottom of the donor housing between the speedo and tach. This is for the column shift wire to go through.

9. Test fit and check for clearances. The gas gauge might have capacitor on its circuit board you have to trim for.

10. Take the donor gauge cluster to your Jeep and get it plugged in (I would speculate holding off the the speedo cable at this time, the HO Jeeps do not have the speedo cable).

11. Fish the column shift wire through the hole you drilled and attach it to the proper place on the PRD3 1-2 housing. Push the tach into position.

12. Twist the gauge cluster forward and down to gain access to the back. Reinstall the tach using the 3 or 4 screws on the back of the cluster housing. This is a royal pain, but possible with a small screw driver or bit driver. When doing this you will notice the gear indicator may move down to 1-2, this is simply because you are pulling on the column shift wire.

13. Rotate the cluster backward and attach the speedo cable if necessary.

14. Once stuck back in the dash, the PRD3 1-2 indicator should be in the park position and should be ready to go.