Need the crank sensor patch kit?

You might remember I was having an intermittant no-start last winter. I replaced everything in the ignition system, and eventually did a home version of the crank sensor patch kit. Running the crank sensor wires through the firewall and splicing them into the back of the ECU did the trick...until recently. The in-laws say she's doing the same trick again. I used some good quality heat shrink butt connectors to do the job. Is it possible that they just aren't up to par and nothing short of the Mopar patch kit will do the trick? Maybe they could be soldered instead?

Also, I had a link to a copy of the crank sensor patch kit TSB. I can't find it. It's a real PITA trying to explain to a Jeep parts guy what this kit is without the number from the TSB. Anyone have it?

This is a copy of that crank sensor TSB.

http://www.wagoneers.com/XJ/tech/4.0L-C ... update.pdf

Are the wires on the crank sensor thicker than the wires on the plug for the ECU? If not, I already replaced the crank sensor and spliced the wires into the ECU. All I would need to do is replace the crimp splices with a little solder and it would be good. If the wires are thicker I suppose I could buy some pins like what what are in the ECU connector and fix it up that way. Come to think of it...that might be the way to go rather than soldering. Anyone know where I can get pins like that?