2wd Ba10/5 to 4wd AX15 Q's

From my project thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9915

Few more things I need to address so I can go forward.

The questions:

1. What will my new rear driveshaft length need to be if with a 4x4 ax15 and a dana 44 rear.

2. Can I use my existing flywheel?

3. Can I use my existing clutch master cylinder?

4. What am I looking at as far as wiring goes making the old stuff/new stuff work.

5. Can I use the cherokee x-member and exisiting bolt holes on my MJ?

Thanks

I'll answer based on what i done

1. What will my new rear driveshaft length need to be if with a 4x4 ax15 and a dana 44 rear. :dunno: mine was already 4x4

2. Can I use my existing flywheel? yes i have used the same fly swaping from the puke jo to the AX-15 internal/external

3. Can I use my existing cylinder? i had issues :headpop: with the slave cylinder which i hope that your are referencing and i should have gotten one from the dealer :brows: that's why i went with the external setup just a bit easy

4. What am I looking at as far as wiring goes making the old stuff/new stuff work. that you have to be based on what year the ax-15 which i believe it a pre-94 and the swap year was 89 so the connection may be a bit different i got lucky :clapping:

5. Can I use the cherokee x-member and exisiting bolt holes on my MJ? i didnt have that problem... i hoping that you also got the tranny mount since there is a difference between the two i saw pic's some where on here.

hope this helps some and good luck :cheers: I have also included in your project section so now it will be in two places

Andy

I could get you a length for the driveshaft if you plan on doing an SYE kit on the 231...

I'm running the same setup in mine AX-15/231/D44...

As far as the slave cyl. reuse... I am using the BA-10 on in mine. I think it might depend on what year trans you have, mine came out of an '89 YJ if that helps...