Running lights

The front light sockets area a fairly common problem. I had to replace them on mine when I first got it too.

These trucks are also VERY sensitive to proper grounds so you may have to do a little tracing on those, but try the sockets first. I some that worked well at AutoZone :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Club... :cheers:

:agree: I had the same problem and the same fix.

On a similar note, my left turn indicator stays on all the time when the headlights are on but the turn signal still works. The front bulb seems weak but is still working. Is that some sort of alert telling me to change the bulb or is my switch going out? :dunno: Another issue is that my dome lights don't turn on at the switch anymore. I know the interior lights suck and am planning on replacing but I figured it could be another sympton of a bad switch.

:USAflag:

The front light sockets area a fairly common problem. I had to replace them on mine when I first got it too.

These trucks are also VERY sensitive to proper grounds so you may have to do a little tracing on those, but try the sockets first. I some that worked well at AutoZone :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Club... :cheers:

Do you mean the turn signal bulb sockets?

:agree: I had the same problem and the same fix.

On a similar note, my left turn indicator stays on all the time when the headlights are on but the turn signal still works. The front bulb seems weak but is still working. Is that some sort of alert telling me to change the bulb or is my switch going out? :dunno: Another issue is that my dome lights don't turn on at the switch anymore. I know the interior lights suck and am planning on replacing but I figured it could be another sympton of a bad switch.

:USAflag:

Very likely the socket for the signal bulb too.

The interior light issue is more likely with the lights themselves. They are not known to work well to begin with.

hey sportruck, I'm glad you joined. X3 on the running light sockets. mainly make sure the ground tab on side of the inside socket is making good contact with the bulb, also make sure all other contact points are clean.

bad grounds will cause all sorts of strange behavior. when i first bought my mj if i hit the left blinker all my running lights would flash. even my instrument panel lights and the light at the transfer case shifter would blink. if i bent out the ground tab in left running light socket the problem went away. i ended up replacing both sockets anyways.

also wouldnt be a bad idea to grab a test light and check for power at the sockets.