slave cyl external or internal??

going to look at an 88 w/2.5 4cyl to possibly buy. the owner said it needs a new slave cylinder because the clutch doesnt engage that good. he says he still drives it every day though. whats the best way to tell if this is really the problem, or if its the clutch, master, ect.. also is that year supposed to be external or internal slave cylinders?? not fimiliar with jeeps, but from what ive read I'm hoping for external. any other things i should check out before i buy??

thanks for the help guys. hopefully this will be my first jeep and first truck/suv in general.

later,

jason

going to look at an 88 w/2.5 4cyl to possibly buy. the owner said it needs a new slave cylinder because the clutch doesnt engage that good. he says he still drives it every day though. whats the best way to tell if this is really the problem, or if its the clutch, master, ect.. also is that year supposed to be external or internal slave cylinders?? not fimiliar with jeeps, but from what ive read I'm hoping for external. any other things i should check out before i buy??

thanks for the help guys. hopefully this will be my first jeep and first truck/suv in general.

later,

jason