Turns Off and Shakes some times....

Any could help me with this bit of a problem. Lately I have a bit of trouble starting my 88' Comanche 4.0L 6 Cil. have to use some gas paddle so it won't turn off. After a few minutes stays on, but it shakes a little bit. Also had died on me on a red light or just driving it. I have no idea what can it be, have change sparks, gas filter, air filter...any idea folks... thank you anyone !!! ;)

Any could help me with this bit of a problem. Lately I have a bit of trouble starting my 88' Comanche 4.0L 6 Cil. have to use some gas paddle so it won't turn off. After a few minutes stays on, but it shakes a little bit. Also had died on me on a red light or just driving it. I have no idea what can it be, have change sparks, gas filter, air filter...any idea folks... thank you anyone !!! ;)

Is it a 5 speed or an auto? I had an 88 XJ and an 89 XJ that did the same thing, and I would just throw the clutch in an give it a little gas to keep it going. It's a fairly common problem with the Renix systems.

What do you mean by shaking? The motor, or do you mean the truck while driving?

Is it a 5 speed or an auto? I had an 88 XJ and an 89 XJ that did the same thing, and I would just throw the clutch in an give it a little gas to keep it going. It's a fairly common problem with the Renix systems.

What do you mean by shaking? The motor, or do you mean the truck while driving?

BLHTAZ Thanks for the testing procedure link, it really help!... but found the problem It was the IAC, was cover with old rust oil!!! have a oil problem... I think I need help with that now... how did oil came in, it was everywhere... y clean it all... but found some new oil... how can i fix that or what could be the problem....

thanks to every one...

P.D. the shakes are over... guess was from the IAC problem. and yes found the dist. cap and cables in bad shape...

BLHTAZ Thanks for the testing procedure link, it really help!... but found the problem It was the IAC, was cover with old rust oil!!! have a oil problem... I think I need help with that now... how did oil came in, it was everywhere... y clean it all... but found some new oil... how can i fix that or what could be the problem....

thanks to every one...

P.D. the shakes are over... guess was from the IAC problem. and yes found the dist. cap and cables in bad shape...