Introducing my babies

I probably should have done this a while back but here goes:

I got my first Jeep (not MJ) in April this year... ever since they were first on the showroom floor I have drooled over Comanches and I finally got not one but 2 and maybe 3 and counting... so here they are

Truck #1:

1988 Pioneer originally 2wd 4.0 (non ho) 5spd.... now running 91 XJ drivetrain 4.0ho, AW4, NP231, minispool front posi rear (still 30/35 3.55), cold air intake via air-box and snorkel which also keeps the computer dry. Also has 12" lift and 32" tractor tires on 16" AR rims... I didn't build this but I know the guy who did, he can also receive credit for reignited my MJ love with this beast. BTW its for sale since there is almost nothing left to do with it but play...

Image Not FoundImage Not Found

Truck #2:

1986 XLS 4x4 reman 2.5l AX-4 NP207. Bastard pack rear, Rusty's 4.5 front. I even have the owner's manual! It was originally going to be a body donor for the 88 but when I picked it up I couldn't bring myself to kill it. Now it is my daily driver and pet project. Plans: Engine upgrade, Automatic Transmission, longarm 8" lift, and a future facelift.... among other things...

Image Not FoundImage Not FoundImage Not Found

Truck #3:

89? don't know how long it will last its a parts truck... but that was what the 86 was supposed to be...

Cheers!

UPDATE: I picked up 2 trucks this weekend... seems they are coming out of the woodwork dime a dozen:

1991 (unknown trim) white with custom Jeep leer cap, sunroof, red interior with cloth bench seat 4.0HO Auto :clapping: 2wd. Too bad the sunroof leaks a bit, I like bench seats and I already lost one to mold :ack: so I am crossing fingers I can get the seal fixed soon before it gets worse as the headliner is already sagged. It also came with the original owner's manual and a owner's manual for an 86.

1989 Eliminator 2wd short box red with dark gray interior... ended up in worse condition than I expected :( as the tilt steering mechanism for the steering wheel was fubar but she started and ran beautiful :yes:. Even with being a 2wd with bald tires and a flat on the right rear we managed to mount the ramp truck to take her home. Definitely got in a rear end of some kind, maybe lost direction in a snowstorm but still salvageable for parts. The box is safe and the interior/rear slider was mainly what I was after... I can cope.

I also grabbed a drive train from a 93 XJ which will be used for the 4x4 convert of the white 91. It has been a busy weekend and I am only at the collecting stage! I almost brought home a bright red 86 XLS with a brand new 350 4bolt and 5spd tranny :drool: but that was not a cheap one (2500$ cdn) and not good for 4x4 convert.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-86-JEEP-CAMANCHE-PICK-UP-350-CHEV-W0QQAdIdZ73763373

So let the project begin! Here is the plan:

Take the 91 and make it 4x4 and fix that leaky sunroof

Get the 86 up to highway capability

any suggestions for the sunroof issue would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I picked up 2 trucks this weekend... seems they are coming out of the woodwork dime a dozen:

1991 (unknown trim) white with custom Jeep leer cap, sunroof, red interior with cloth bench seat 4.0HO Auto :clapping: 2wd. Too bad the sunroof leaks a bit, I like bench seats and I already lost one to mold :ack: so I am crossing fingers I can get the seal fixed soon before it gets worse as the headliner is already sagged. It also came with the original owner's manual and a owner's manual for an 86.

1989 Eliminator 2wd short box red with dark gray interior... ended up in worse condition than I expected :( as the tilt steering mechanism for the steering wheel was fubar but she started and ran beautiful :yes:. Even with being a 2wd with bald tires and a flat on the right rear we managed to mount the ramp truck to take her home. Definitely got in a rear end of some kind, maybe lost direction in a snowstorm but still salvageable for parts. The box is safe and the interior/rear slider was mainly what I was after... I can cope.

I also grabbed a drive train from a 93 XJ which will be used for the 4x4 convert of the white 91. It has been a busy weekend and I am only at the collecting stage! I almost brought home a bright red 86 XLS with a brand new 350 4bolt and 5spd tranny :drool: but that was not a cheap one (2500$ cdn) and not good for 4x4 convert.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-86-JEEP-CAMANCHE-PICK-UP-350-CHEV-W0QQAdIdZ73763373

So let the project begin! Here is the plan:

Take the 91 and make it 4x4 and fix that leaky sunroof

Get the 86 up to highway capability

any suggestions for the sunroof issue would be greatly appreciated.

the work begins.... after I got the 86 into my garage it is going to get moved across town to start the process... Just hope there is space for it when I get it back.

final plan:

The (black) 86 is getting 4.10 D30/35s which I have to go pickup but its a pretty much done deal and donating its D30 3.55 to the (white) 91 which will also get a D44 3.55 during its 4x4 convert (of course after I get it safety'd/certified, e-tested and insured etc).

I have all the parts just need to round up the trucks.

I have arranged the (red) 89 as payment once I strip all I want out of it for this hefty axle swap/4x4 convert job and it will take at least a couple months to do as a here and there project.

I might toss on a 6" kit if a nicely used one becomes available onto the 91 to compensate...lols.

but the plan is final so here it goes....