need help asap

so something is wrong here. i fill the clutch cylinder atleast twice a week. last night as i was coming back to the place i am staying, i just took the on ramp popped it out of gear to down shift, clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor when pushed, there is absolutely NO pressure, couldn't pop it back into to gear so i tryed rolling as far as possible and tried popping it back into gear, got it back into fourth and made it to my destination. luckily my boss called and said there is no work today. i have a chilton's book right at my face and it tells me nothing, maybe i am looking in the wrong place. what is going on here? i need to get it fixed asap, and luckily this happened during the weekend, unless i need to order parts.

i don't know what you mean by that.

side note: i have bled the line twice this week, and filled it. the first time i held the pedal to the floor and it drained the cylinder about half way, but the second time holding the pedal to the floor had no effect on the amount of fluid in the cylinder.

To me that points right to the master cylinder. Get a 10 ft section of 3/16 clear vinyl tubing and a small zip tie. Put one end on the slave bleeder, zip tie it to the bleeder, run it up draped over your door mirror, and into the MC's reservoir. Now pump your clutch and watch the tubing. You'll be able to see whats going on with the fluid. Air? Maybe a busted line , No fluid? MC not pumping, Good fluid flow? Slave fubar'd.

i will try that. but another side note, when i was bleeding the line, the slave bled nut was loose and i had my friend push on the pedal, and the liquid would shoot out like a squirt gun when he wasn't pushing on the pedal, for atleast two minutes the liquid that i had just put in the cylinder was draining out.

i will try that. but another side note, when i was bleeding the line, the slave bled nut was loose and i had my friend push on the pedal, and the liquid would shoot out like a squirt gun when he wasn't pushing on the pedal, for atleast two minutes the liquid that i had just put in the cylinder was draining out.

Well that was where your fluid was going the first time. Now you just have to find out why your pedal is going to the floor. Good thing about the tubing is it will positively bleed your system, in case the problem your having is air in the system. The tubing is cheep at like .20 or so cents at Lowes.

Correction.................. I think you'll need a smaller size tubing. I was thinking about the brake bleed which is larger then the clutch bleeder. You should remover the bleed valve and take it with you to get the right snug fitting size. .......Nothing Follows...........

I am agreeing with Jon...it sounds like a master cylinder problem to me...but, if you don't see anything leaking...where is the fluid going?? I would look real good inside the truck and the master will leak behind the fuse block and down under your floor covering where you can't see it.

there isn't any leaking fluids around the fuse block, there's no liquid under the floor covering. nothing under the truck. nothing around the cylinder in the engine bay. i searched and searched after i got off today. i can however pull the bleed line out and push it in about a half inch to and inch, i don't know if that means anything.

there isn't any leaking fluids around the fuse block, there's no liquid under the floor covering. nothing under the truck. nothing around the cylinder in the engine bay. i searched and searched after i got off today. i can however pull the bleed line out and push it in about a half inch to and inch, i don't know if that means anything.

Thats because you have the internal slave cylinder and the main line goes straight to it, then the bleeder line comes back out so you can bleed it.

I'm about to swap my trans for the ax15 when the spring gets here, or find a heated shop, but to do the swap your going need a new pilot bushing from a 83 cj7 with 304, and the clutch hydraulics from the same year as the transmission, then it'll bolt up,, that is if your engine is a 4.ol.