The no budget, down and dirty rat rod MJ build.

Well, after selling my 88 MJ earlier this year and building up an XJ I figured I was done with MJs for a while..... wrong. One of my buddies that owes me some cash picked up an 87 MJ Eliminator, 2WD, 4.0L, 5 spd., with a D44. He bought it for the rear axle. He is going to settle up his debt by swapping out the D44 with a D35 and giving me the truck. The truck was already used as a sport truck (Redneck style). It currently has chrome 15" wagon wheels w/low profile tires, the D44 has 4.10 gears and someone installed a Gibson Super Truck muffler that exits through the side of the bed in front of the rear tire. The truck is ruff and has a rot hole in the drivers floor but it is going to be a fun side project. My plan is to build this MJ into a fun street truck but spend as little money on it as possible for the time being. I already have YJ project and an XJ for wheeling so I really don't need to dump money into something else. I am planning on making the truck look somewhat Rat Rod-ish and modify/repair it with all used parts that are either cheap or I am able to trade stuff for. I should be getting the truck next week and I will post some pics as soon as it arrives.

This will be the 4th Comanche I have owned. :nuts:

This member has a ratrod look to his truck. Right down to the whitewall tires. :D

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6087

comanche_picknick07.jpg

Thanks Pete, yeah I saw pics of that MJ. It is nice but I am going to go with a sportier look. The front sheet metal on the truck is pretty banged up so I think I will be swapping on the 97+ front end I kept off my old MJ. If I could find one I wouldn't mind going with a Wagoneer nose either. I talked to my buddy tonight and he said he sold the low profile rims and tires that were on it so it looks like I will be using stock rims and tires for the time being. I am going to see the truck tomorrow so I will have more pics soon.