slave cyl problem

ok i have a question i hAve a 88 with a 2.5 4 speed. I'm having problems i have to add fluid to my slave everytime I'm done driving it or it won't shift into gear the next time i start it up unless i let it warm up for like a half hour. i don't see it leaking anywhere i was woundering if anyone knows were i could track it down to

If you have to add fluid every time you drive it........you got a leak.

Best hope that the master is not leaking from the back side, on the inside of the fire wall and dripping on your fuse box :eek: The brake fluid will dissolve the plastic fuse box, then you'll have even more problems.

Check the fluid line from the master to the slave, it's part steel line, and part rubber (soft) line, there's a good chance the line could be leaking, and your just not finding it, also, if the line is weeping, your reserving enough fluid in the slave, that you don't have to bleed it after you add fluid. Or just change it, it's an $18 part.

If the slave is leaking, it's internal and you really don't know if it's leaking or not, unless you see fluid dripping out of the front of the bell housing.

I have no idea why you need to warm up the truck for a half hour to get it into gear???? The only thing I can think of is the right gear oil in the tranny????? I know when it's cold out, I need to get the tranny warmed up a little, to shift from 1st to 2nd, and I'm running 70w/90 in the tranny......and I know the synchronizers are old and worn.

• 2 weeks later...
I know when it's cold out, I need to get the tranny warmed up a little, to shift from 1st to 2nd

i have to do the same except i am running 10w 30

I don't know it that would help or harm the tranny.........seam like 10W30 would be a little too light for the manual transmission :hmm: