Leaf springs, weight carrying vs flex questions

First, this is my first post here so hello everyone. I've got a 87 mj that I've built a 7.5in long arm kit for. I put a 8.8 with a spool in the rear and have 4.10 gears. Pics to come.

But for now my question is, I use my pickup more as a firewood getter and tend to load as much wood in the back as possible but the main problem is that the ol worn out springs are sagged out after very little weight. I wonder about add a leafs or some kind of bastard spring pack but i'm worried about losing flex when I'm playing in the rocks.

Any ideas? Air shocks maybe?

Hi Jeeperken87 :waving: ........and welcome to the CC jamminz.gif

As you explained it, take a look into something like this.......Air Lift suspension.

This would give you the extra "lift" you need when you load up the box.......and then drop the air pressure when your running empty. I would think this would be easier to install than pulling your leafs apart. And the nice thing about the air lifts, is once you wear out this MJ, you can remove it and mount it on your next one.

If your springs are really sagged out, then it might be worth the effort to replace them first to see if you gain some suspension back to stock hight, and then decide if the air bags will help you.

If your springs are really sagged out, then it might be worth the effort to replace them first to see if you gain some suspension back to stock hight, and then decide if the air bags will help you.

This is what I would do!! Fix it FIRST, then UPGRADE!!

CW